29 June 2009

en: Thoughts on "The Thieves of Dreams"

I got some feedback the last couple of days on the 'Thieves of Dreams' video. Maybe I should say thoughts instead of feedback... Yeah, that sounds better... So, some people said it sounds and looks sad... lonely... broken hearted...

I don't want to say anything about what the songs says to me or why I wrote it, and I feel that art, if anything, it gives people the rightful opportunity to have their own thoughts and feelings about a piece, with no need to explain or justify any of it. This is how it should be...

All I want to stress out, is that to me, there is a positive side of loneliness...
There is that lonesome which can be creative...
One needs to be able to stand alone first, and by becoming strong enough to then stand with others...

The aim is to be able to be a realistic one and a romantic one at the same time...
It's like feeling with your head, and thinking with your heart at the same time...
It's being ok to be a nobody sometimes, an unknown stranger..., knowing that at that very same time you are a somebody...

Still haven't managed that completely...
But I'm fighting it...

Goodmorning world...

London, June 29th, 2009
kappa MYSTA


No comments: